The Amazon Firestick has become a household name because it turns any television into a smart TV, enabling users to stream their preferred content from numerous platforms. But like with other technological items, problems might arise when using the Firestick. One such problem is the annoying orange light on the remote that blinks rapidly.
There may be several causes behind this problem, such as drained batteries, a broken remote, or connectivity issues. To continue your undisturbed streaming experience, it’s crucial to identify the problem as soon as possible and resolve it. In this article, you will find out details about Firestick remote blinking orange. We’ll cover basic fixes like changing the batteries and also some complex ones like resetting the Firestick to fix this issue.
Why Is My Firestick Remote Flashing Orange?
Many Firestick customers frequently experience the Amazon Firestick remote flickering orange. The remote’s orange light will flicker if it is not connected to the Firestick or is not working correctly. There could be any of the factors listed below behind this:
- Dead Batteries: This is a common cause of the Firestick remote’s orange blinking. Don’t forget to change the batteries and see if the remote starts working properly.
- Connectivity Problems: You might encounter connectivity problems that can prevent your Firestick remote from connecting to the Firestick. This issue might occur because your Firestick is too far away from the remote or has a weak Wi-Fi connection. Interference from other electronic devices can also be a reason.
- Faulty Remote: A broken or malfunctioning remote may stop operating or begin to blink orange. It can be the result of a hardware problem or a manufacturing flaw.
- Firestick Is Out of Date: If your Firestick is out of date and hasn’t received the most recent updates, it may cause connectivity problems and result in the remote glowing orange.
You can take the necessary actions to resolve the firestick remote blinking orange but not pairing issue by determining the root of the issue.
Read Also: How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV?
How to Fix Firestick Remote Blinking Orange?
Firestick remote blinking orange but not pairing is a problem that can be annoying because it makes the remote useless, preventing users from using their Firestick. Fortunately, this problem can be easily fixed by following a few simple troubleshooting procedures. Follow the steps down below:
1. Check the Batteries
Checking the batteries is the first step in fixing the orange-blinking Firestick control. Weak or dead batteries frequently bring on the problem. Remove the batteries from the remote and swap them out for fresh ones to see if that solves the issue. Check to see if the batteries are correctly inserted before the remote is used.
2. Reset the Firestick Remote Control
The next step is to reset the remote if changing the batteries doesn’t resolve the orange-blinking Firestick remote problem. To reset your Firestick remote, simply follow these instructions:
- The remote’s batteries should be removed.
- Remove the Firestick’s plug, then hold it idle for at least ten seconds.
- Reconnect the Firestick’s power cord and wait for it to boot up.
- Press and hold the home button for at least 10 seconds after replacing the remote’s batteries.
This should clear any connectivity problems causing the remote’s orange blinking light and reset the device.
3. Examine Any Interference
Connectivity problems and the Firestick remote’s orange blinking issue could be brought on by interference from other electronic gadgets. Move the Firestick and the remote away from other electronic equipment, such as speakers, routers, and microwaves, to check for interference. This should aid in lowering interference and enhancing connectivity.
4. Check the WiFi Connection
The next thing to do is to see if the Wi-Fi connection is still active and if the Firestick remote is still glowing orange. Connectivity troubles could be brought by poor Wi-Fi signals or network faults, which would make the remote start blinking orange. The steps listed below can be used to check the Wi-Fi connection:
- Navigate to the Firestick’s home page.
- In the settings menu, choose “Network.”
- Verify the Firestick’s Wi-Fi network connectivity. Alternatively, choose the network and type the WiFi password.
- Try detaching and reconnecting the Firestick from the Wi-Fi network if it is already logged in.
5. Update the Firestick
It might be an old Firestick remote if it is still showing the orange light. An old Firestick could have connectivity problems and perform improperly. The steps listed below can be used to update the Firestick:
- Navigate to the Firestick’s home page.
- Go to the settings page and choose “My Fire TV.”
- Choose “About” and then “Check for updates.”
- Select “Download” if an update is available, then wait for it to install.
6. Contact Amazon Customer Support
If none of those mentioned above fixes resolves the orange glowing Firestick remote issue, it might be a hardware issue. In this situation, you should speak with Amazon customer service to have the remote replaced or fixed.
Although the Firestick remote’s orange blinking problem can be annoying, it’s comparatively easy to solve. You can find the issue’s root cause and take the appropriate action to resolve it by following the above troubleshooting methods.
Read Also: How to Reset Firestick Without Remote?
How do I resync my Firestick remote?
To resync your Firestick remote, you can follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your Firestick is turned on and connected to your TV.
2. Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote for 10 seconds.
3. Wait for the light on your remote to start flashing.
4. Once the light is flashing, release the Home button.
5. Your remote should automatically connect to your Firestick. If it doesn’t, press and hold the Home button again for a few seconds until the light stops flashing, and then try again.
6. If you’re still having trouble connecting your remote to your Firestick, you can try replacing the batteries in the remote or resetting your Firestick
What does blinking light on Firestick remote mean?
The blinking light on a Firestick remote indicates that it’s in pairing mode and trying to establish a connection with the Firestick. This happens when the remote is either newly purchased and needs to be paired for the first time, or it has lost its connection to the Firestick and needs to be paired again.
How do I fix an unresponsive Firestick remote?
If your Firestick remote is unresponsive, you can try these steps to fix it:
1. Check the batteries: Make sure your remote’s batteries are fresh and correctly placed. If the batteries are running low, try changing them.
2. To reset the Firestick, unplug it from the power source and wait a few seconds. Then reconnect it and wait for it to resume. This can assist in resetting the remote’s connection to the Firestick.
3. Pair the remote again: If the remote is still unresponsive, reconnect it to the Firestick. Hold down the Home button on the remote for 10 seconds or until the light begins to flash, then release the button. Wait for the remote to connect to the Firestick before attempting to use it again.
It is simple to resolve the issue that causes the Firestick remote to blink orange by following a few troubleshooting steps. These procedures can assist you in finding the source of the issue and solving it, whether by changing the batteries, resetting the remote, checking for interference, or updating the Firestick.
To prevent any connectivity issues, keeping your Firestick and remote up to date is as much important as maintaining a strong Wi-Fi connection. After trying every troubleshooting technique, if the issue still exists, it might be a hardware problem. In this case, you should contact Amazon customer care for additional help. You can watch all your favorite movies and television shows on your Firestick without interruption after the Firestick remote’s orange blinking problem is fixed.