Snapchat is a famous multimedia instant messaging app with millions of followers across the world. It lets you send images, text messages, and short video clips to family and friends. The Snapchat app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Normally the Snapchat app is working very smoothly and reliably. However, it still has issues in receiving messages and one of such messages says, “Snapchat something went wrong” when you try to do some activity on Snapchat.
If you are getting the error “oops something went wrong please try again later” on Snapchat? You don’t need to worry about that. It’s a very common problem that a lot of people face. We are here to solve your issue.
In this article, we are going to tell you tips and tricks to deal with the error “Something Went Wrong Please try again Snapchat”.
Why Snapchat shows the Error “Something Went Wrong Please Try Again”
If you receive an oops something went wrong message on Snapchat, then you need to wait for some time and then try again. This may occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Your internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data) is not functioning properly.
- Power saving mode may be enabled on your phone.
- There may be a problem with the Snapchat app or maybe the app server at the backend is down.
- The network connection that is connected to your phone has been disabled.
- The Snapchat app needs an update or some cache data hindered the smooth working of the app.
Also Read: How Often Does Your Snap Score Update
How to solve “ Oops something went wrong” on Snapchat in 2022
1. Wait some time and Try Again
The first thing you must do is to wait for some time and then repeat your action, as suggested by the error notice. You may need to try again in a few minutes, hours, or even days till the Snapchat server bring up.
You should check Twitter or other social media platforms to know about the latest information about Snapchat server down because Snapchat has millions of users and everyone is facing the server down problem.
If this is the case, nothing you can do other than waiting till the server issue is fixed by the Snapchat technical team.
2. Cache clear the Snapchat App
If there is a problem with the Snapchat app you should first clear the cache of the app. Most of the time the issue is resolved by just clearing the cache.
To clear the cache of the Snapchat app on android devices you need to follow these steps
Go to the Settings >> Apps >> Snapchat >> Click the clear cache option >> Done
If you are an iPhone user then you need to follow these steps to Clear the Cache of the Snapchat App.
Go to the iPhone settings >> Select General >> Click on Snapchat >> Then Click the iPhone storage >> Choose the offload app button >> Again install the app from the Apple Store
3. Snapchat keeps saying something went wrong – Check your Internet
If Snapchat keeps saying something went wrong then you need to check your internet connection. Ensure that you have a fast and stable internet connection so that Snapchat can work properly. If your internet speed is slow then you may face the issue while using the app.
So before using the Snapchat app make sure that your Mobile data or Wi-Fi properly is working.
4. Logout from Snapchat id and again log in
To solve the “Snapchat oops something went wrong” problem you need to log out of the app first, then log back in. This will resolve the issue, and the Snapchat app will function properly.
If you face a problem during login, check to see if you have not been blocked by Snapchat due to a breach of the terms and conditions or other restrictions.
Furthermore, be certain that your account is not closed due to being inactive for an extended time.
In case Snapchat has blocked you, figure out why and try to unblock your account. For this, you may require further verification or another or a new Snapchat account.
If you experience an error when attempting to establish a Snapchat account, your credentials may be incorrect. As a result, you can try another login information
5. Clear all Data from the Snapchat Settings
Snapchat’s “Oops something went wrong please try again” error may be resolved by clearing all the data. if you have no concerns or issues about losing your login information then you should clear all the data of your Snapchat app.
You need to follow these steps clear all data of the Snapchat app:
Note you will lose credential information after that.
- Go to settings on your smartphone
- Scroll to the bottom and select Apps.
- Select Snapchat in the apps section
- Then select the storage option
- Click the clear data option
6. Update or Reinstall Snapchat
You should update version of the Snapchat because an outdated version may create errors or bugs. Your Snapchat gives the error because you may turn off the auto-update option and hence the app required an update to work properly.
In case the app update does not resolve your issue, you may need to remove and reinstall Snapchat again. This will eliminate not just the previous app contents but also any issues associated with them.
This is also useful if Snapchat was not properly installed or entirely, or if parts of your app files are lost or corrupted.
7. Turn off VPN Settings and set the right date & time
Sometimes the apps could not work properly because the date and time are not set according to the location. There may be a possibility that you are using VPN. This may also be the reason Snapchat shows the “Something went wrong please try again Snapchat” error.
To fix this you need to disable the VPN settings and then restart your phone.
8. Give Access To Snapchat App
Sometimes your smartphone doesn’t allow Snapchat to access your Camera, videos, and images. So this may be the reason that Snapchat stated “Something went wrong”.
To solve this you need to permit Snapchat to access your phone.
9. Restart your Cell Phone
You can also try to restart your smartphone. Most phone-related issues may be resolved by simply restarting your smartphone.
To restart your phone, you need to follow these steps:
- Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds.
- Select “power off”.
- When the device has completely shut down, restart it by holding down the power button.
- Check whether the issue is fixed or not.
10. Use another Smartphone
After attempting all the fixes, you should try switching to another smartphone. If the problem is resolved after switching, it is your device’s fault. If the problem persists, you should contact Snapchat’s support for assistance.
FAQs of Something went wrong please try again Snapchat
Why does my Snapchat Keep Saying Something Went Wrong?
These are the following are reasons that Snapchat keeps saying something went wrong
1. Your internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data) is not functioning properly.
2. Power saving mode may be enabled on your phone.
3. There may be a problem with the Snapchat app or maybe the app server at the backend is down.
4. The network connection that is connected to your phone has been disabled.
5. The Snapchat app needs an update or some cache data hindered the smooth working of the app.
What Does It Mean When Snapchat Says Oops Something Went Wrong Try Again Later?
Snapchat says, oops, something went wrong, try again later, that means that there is an problem with your smartphone. Otherthan that maybe your internet connection is poor or that Snapchat’s servers have gone down. You can resolve this problem by verifying your network connection or servers, or by emptying the Snapchat app’s cache.
How To Fix Tap To Load Problem On Snapchat?
1. Examining the Wifi Connection or mobile data.
2. Turn off the Power Saving Mode.
3. Start your cell phone Device again.
4. Clear Cache of your Snapchat App.
5. Reinstall or update the snapchat app
Try to apply all the above fixes to solve the “Something went wrong please try again Snapchat” problem. If these above fixes don’t work then you should contact Snapchat support.
However, keep in mind that there may be some technical issues with the Snapchat App. So, in this case, wait until Snapchat’s technical problems are fixed.